Location & Directions
"County Kerry contains some of Ireland's most iconic scenery: surf-pounded sea cliffs and soft golden strands, emerald-green farmland criss-crossed by tumbledown stone walls, mist-shrouded bogs and cloud-torn mountain peaks.With one of the country's finest national parks as its backyard, the lively tourism hub of Killarney spills over with colourful shops, restaurants and pubs loud with spirited trad music." Lonely Planet
The Kerry Coast House is on the waters of Kenmare Bay, only a 10 minute drive from the centre of the wonderfully picturesque Kenmare town on the Ring of Kerry. It is located on the scenic Wild Atlantic Way, the longest coastal, driving route in Europe, which stretches from Co. Donegal to Co. Cork.
The south facing self-catering bungalow, in its tranquil location, looks across Kenmare Bay, onto the Beara Penninsula and has the Kerry Mountains at its back. The bottom of the garden leads on to the seashore - only 50 metres from the house.
- Dublin Airport / Ferry Port , 5 hours.
- Cork Airport / Ferry Port, 1.5 hours.
- Shannon Airport, 2.5 hours.
- Kerry Airport, 1 hour.
- Rosslare Ferry Port, 5.5 hours
From Killarney 45 minutes
- Take the N22 from Killarney & go 7 miles out the Cork Road.
- Turn right, onto the R569,where sign-posted for Kenmare.
- Go through the village of Kilgarvan.
- On arrival to Kenmare town take the N70 towards Sneem .
- After 3.5 miles you will pass a sign "Welcome to Templenoe".
- Take the left towards the Templenoe Pier 100 yards after this sign.
- After 50 yards turn right. The house is the last at the very end of this road.
From Cork City 1 hour
- Take the N22 through Macroom & Ballyvourney.
- Turn left onto the R569, for Kenmare about 20 minutes after Ballyvourney.
- From Kenmare follow directions as above.
From Dublin City 5 hours
- From Dublin take the N7 to Portlaoise.
- Then take the N8 through Cashel to Mitchelstown.
- From there take the N73 to Mallow.
- At Mallow take the N72 towards Killarney to the N22.
- Follow the directions as above from the N22.